“This protein and veg-packed chilli has real depth of flavour. It’s a winner with any chilli lover whether they’re plant-based or making a conscious decision to reduce meat in their diet”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 1HR
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
1 tblsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
125g mushrooms, chopped
265g tin cooked lentils
½ tsp ground cumin
1 level tsp smoked paprika
1 level tsp chilli powder
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tblsp tamari soya sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms. Saute gently for 5 mins.
- Add the cumin, paprika and chilli powder. Cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Add the pot of baked beans with benefits, lentils, tomatoes and soya sauce.
- Bring to a simmer then cover with a lid. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 1 hour (longer if you have the time).
- Serve with rice and a salad.