“Aubergines are amazing in a curry. They soak up flavours beautifully and have a great texture; firm yet yielding. The sauce in this curry is absolutely delicious. It’s rich despite being really healthy and has great depth of flavour.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
pot of aromatic peas with perks
1 tblsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large aubergine, cut into 2cm chunks
1 thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
1 tblsp curry paste
200ml coconut milk (1/2 can)
1 tin tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add aubergine and onion. Fry gently for 10 mins.
- Add curry paste. Cook through for 2 mins.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, naan or chapattis. Put the aromatic peas, onion, sweet potato, cauliflower, coconut milk and curry paste in a slow-cooker and place on a high setting for 30 mins.
- Turn the slow-cooker down to low and leave for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with rice or bulgar wheat and garnish with cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves.