“These bean and seed rolls are so delicious and super easy to make. Everybody loves them. Add as much chilli as you dare! You can change it up a bit with fresh chopped chilli instead of flakes or use chipotle chilli paste”
SERVES: MAKES 24 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
1 puff pastry sheet (320g)
80g porridge oats
20g seeds (try sunflower, pumpkin or a mix)
1 tablespoon yeast flakes (such as Engevita)
½ tsp chilli flakes
Tamari soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the beans, oats, seeds, yeast and chilli flakes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut down the middle lengthways.
- Divide the bean mixture in half and place down the middle of each length of pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water then fold over and seal with a fork.
- Cut into 24 rolls and place on a lightly oiled baked tray.
- Brush the rolls with a 50/50 mix of plant milk and tamari soya sauce. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.