“These bean and sunflower seed rolls are so delicious and super easy to make. Everybody loves them. Add as much chilli as you dare! You can change it up a bit with fresh chopped chilli instead of flakes or use chipotle chilli paste”
SERVES: MAKES 24 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
1 Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet (320g)
80g porridge oats
20g sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon yeast flakes (such as Engevita)
½ tsp chilli flakes
- Remove the pastry from the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Empty the baked beans with benefits into a bowl then add oats, sunflower seeds, yeast flakes and chilli flakes. Stir to mix.
- Unroll the pastry (leaving it on the paper provided) and place it on a worksurface in a landscape position. Cut horizontally through the middle of the pastry.
- Take half of the bean mixture and spread it evenly in a sausage shape down the middle of the length of one of the pastry strips. Brush the edges of the pastry with water then fold the pastry over the bean mixture. Press to seal. Cut into 12 individual rolls. Snip the centre of each to let the steam escape and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remainder of the bean mixture and pastry strip.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.