“These amazing little bites of bean and cheese-filled pastry rolls are divine and require very little preparation. They’re great for parties, picnics and lunch boxes. The wholegrain mustard gives a lovely background flavour but you could add chilli flakes or chopped fresh chilli to spice them up”
SERVES: MAKES 24 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
1 Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet (320g)
80g porridge oats
75g cheddar cheese, grated
1 heaped tblsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
Milk to glaze
- Remove the pastry from the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Empty the baked beans with benefits into a bowl then add oats, grated cheese and mustard. Stir to mix and season with salt & pepper.
- Unroll the pastry (leaving it on the paper provided) and place it on a worksurface in a landscape position. Cut horizontally through the middle of the pastry.
- Take half of the bean mixture and spread it evenly in a sausage shape down the middle of the length of one of the pastry strips. Brush the edges of the pastry with water then fold the pastry over the bean mixture. Press to seal. Cut into 12 individual rolls. Snip the centre of each to let the steam escape and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remainder of the bean mixture and pastry strip.
Brush the rolls with milk and place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.