“These amazing little bites of bean and cheese-filled pastry rolls are divine and require very little preparation. They’re great for parties, picnics and lunch boxes. The wholegrain mustard gives a lovely background flavour but you could add chilli flakes or chopped fresh chilli to spice them up”
SERVES: MAKES 24 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
1 puff pastry sheet (320g)
80g porridge oats
75g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tblsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
Egg/milk to glaze
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the beans, oats, grated cheese and mustard. Season with salt & pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut down the middle lengthways.
- Divide the bean mixture in half and place down the middle of each length of pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water then fold over and seal with a fork.
- Cut into 24 rolls and place on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Brush the rolls with egg or milk and place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.