“Impress your guests with these delicious little morsels. They’re so easy to make and are perfect for a party, picnic or lunch boxes. You can use prosciutto, serrano or parma ham slices. Turn this into vegetarian frittatas by omitting the ham but grease the tin holes very well or line with plain paper cases”
SERVES: MAKES 12 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
1/2 pot of popping peas with perks
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
6 slices parma ham
50g feta cheese (1/4 block)
¼ tsp dried mint
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a 12-hole bun tin with oil or butter.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, a pinch of salt and sauté gently for 5 mins.
- Using scissors cut each ham slice into 4 pieces. Place 2 pieces into each bun tin hole covering the base and sides.
- Beat the eggs in a jug and add ½ pot of popping peas with perks, the cooked onion, feta and mint. Season with pepper
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bun tin.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins until very slightly brown on top.