“Making a nut loaf is normally a bit of a faff but not this recipe. It’s so simple to make and utterly delicious. The flaxseed and water combination is a great alternative to egg for binding ingredients. Play around with the seasoning. You could use chipotle paste or curry paste instead of harissa”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 50 MINS
1 pot of aromatic peas with perks
180g whole chestnuts (roasted & vacuum packed)
1 tblsp yeast flakes (such as Engevita)
1 tblsp ground flaxseed & 3 tblsp water (or 1 egg)
1 tsp harissa paste (or I used 2 tsp A De Piff Karamo Jerk Seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Start by combining the flaxseed and water. Let is sit for a few mins until it gels.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin (roughly 22cm x 12cm by 6cm deep).
- Roughly chop the chestnuts
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add the flaxseed mixture once it’s ready.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 50 mins.