“A warm comforting pie topped with golden puff pastry that’s so easy to make. The carlin peas with perks makes a quick and delicious sauce to coat the chicken pieces. This is a real crowd pleaser! Serve with mash and veg”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 35 MINS
1 pot of carlin peas with perks
1 x 320g Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 tblsp oil
4 chicken breasts, cubed
28g concentrated chicken stock (I used a Knorr stock pot)
2 tablespoons crème fraiche
Milk or egg to glaze
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas Mark 7. Take the pastry out of the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add onion and fry for a couple of mins. Add chicken breast pieces and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the pot of carlin peas with perks, stock and crème fraiche. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Tip the filling into a 1.2 litre/2 pint dish.
- Unroll the pastry. Cut a long strip off the pastry. Wet your fingers and dampen the edges of the pie dish. Place the pastry strip round the rim of the pie dish. Cut the pastry to size to fit over the pie dish and lay over the filling. Press down to seal the edges and crimp between thumb and forefinger. Brush with milk or beaten egg and make a hole in the middle to let the steam escape.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until puffed up and golden brown.