“These burgers require little preparation and are a real treat to eat! Spicy, filling and flavoursome. Just add your favourite toppings and enjoy. If you want to make these burgers gluten free check out Novo Farina. They have some brilliant products including crumbs made from pea flour which can be used as a breadcrumb substitute.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
1 pot of aromatic peas with perks
50g chopped nuts or seeds
2 tsp curry paste
1 tblsp ground flaxseed & 3 tblsp water
Flour for dusting
Oil for brushing
- Start by combining the flaxseed and water. Let it sit until it gels.
- Mix the aromatic peas with perks, breadcrumbs, nuts or seeds, curry paste and flaxseed mixture. Season with salt & pepper. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 6.
- Using floured hands form the mixture into 4 burgers (about 130g each).
- Dust with flour and place on an oiled baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops and sides with oil.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins.