“This frittata is inspired by heuvos rancheros – the popular Mexican breakfast of eggs, beans, tomato and chilli. Great for brunch, lunch, dinner or picnics. Serve warm or cold”.
SERVES: 2-4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 12 MINS
1 pot of beans with benefits
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tblsp oil
1 tsp chipotle paste
6 medium eggs
45g cheddar cheese
1 handful coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for a couple of minutes until onion softens. Stir in the chipotle paste.
- Beat the eggs in a jug and add the beans with benefits, cheese and coriander. Stir the mixture and add to the frying pan. Preheat grill to medium.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the edges look set.
- To finish cooking place the pan under the preheated grill and cook for a further 4 minutes until the top look set and slightly browned.
- Remove frittata to a plate. You can eat it warm or serve cold.