“The fresh taste of the peas and mint in this frittata work perfectly with the saltiness of the feta. Try a local blue cheese or goats cheese – both work deliciously well! Serve warm or cold for brunch, dinner, picnics or pop a slice in your lunchbox for work”.
SERVES: 2-4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 12 MINS
1/2 pot of popping peas with perks
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tblsp oil
1 tsp harissa paste
6 medium eggs
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Sprig of mint, leaves removed and finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for a couple of minutes until onion softens. Stir in the harissa paste.
- Beat the eggs in a jug and add the peas. Break up the mixture and add to the frying pan. Preheat grill to medium.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top and sprinkle with the mint leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes until the edges look set.
- To finish cooking place the pan under the preheated grill and cook for a further 4 minutes until the top look set and slightly browned.
- Remove frittata to a plate. You can eat it warm or serve cold.