“This is a must try – mac “n” cheese receives a health overhaul! A real comfort food dish but with the benefits of garden peas in a smooth sauce of fava beans, split green peas, spinach, onions & garlic”. The best bit is we’ve done all the hard work for you and made the sauce!”
SERVES: 3 (or 2 adults/2 children) PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
1 pot of green peas with perks
For the cheese sauce:
25g plain flour
50g cheddar cheese, grated
For the topping:
20g cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni as per packet instructions.
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Gradually add the milk and stir to combine. Cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add peas with perks and cheese and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Combine the cheesy peas sauce with the macaroni.
- Place in an ovenproof container and top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Place under a preheated grill until top is browned.