Serves 3 or 2 adults/2 children
1 pot of green peas with perks
For the cheese sauce:
25g plain flour
50g cheddar cheese, grated
For the topping:
20g cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni as per packet instructions.
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Gradually add the milk and stir to combine. Cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add peas with perks and cheese and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Combine the cheesy peas sauce with the macaroni.
- Place in an ovenproof container and top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Place under a preheated grill until top is browned.