“Pasta and beans is a sublime combination and the beans provide a great source of fibre. My children adore this dish and will often ask for it. It’s quick to prepare and the whole family enjoy it. Try chorizo sausage for a change.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
1 pot of beans with benefits
400g pasta shapes
1 tblsp oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp low salt stock
½ tsp sugar
- Cook the sausages. Cut into thick slices.
- In the mean-time cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic. Fry for a few seconds then add tomatoes, stock and sugar. I don’t normally advocate the addition of sugar in savoury cooking but it does help to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes. Add the beans with benefits. Heat everything through for 5 mins.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the sauce and chopped sausage. Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with chilli oil if desired.