“Pasta and beans is a sublime combination and the beans provide a great source of fibre. My children adore this dish and will often ask for it. It’s quick to prepare and the whole family enjoy it. Try chorizo sausage for a change.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
1 pot of baked beans with benefits
400g pasta shapes
1 tblsp oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp low salt stock
½ tsp sugar
- Cook the sausages. Cut into thick slices.
- In the mean-time cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic. Fry for a few seconds then add tomatoes, stock and sugar. I don’t normally advocate the addition of sugar in savoury cooking but it does help to bring out the flavour of the tomatoes. Add the baked beans with benefits. Heat everything through for 5 mins.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the sauce and chopped sausage. Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with chilli oil if desired.