1 pot of carlin peas with perks
450g lamb mince
1 beef stock cube
1 tblsp tomato puree
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
For the topping:
300g swede, peeled and cut into cubes
700g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Begin by placing the lamb mince in a cold pan. Heat the pan and fry the lamb until it’s browned.
- Add the peas with perks, water, stock cube, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and cook gently with the lid on for 30 mins.
- In the mean time boil the swede for 5 mins, add the potato and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Mash the swede and potato with butter and milk.
- Transfer the lamb to an ovenproof container. Top with the mashed potato.
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins until the top is browned.