“This shepherd’s pie is the ultimate comfort food. The aromatic spices in the peas work wonders with the lamb. Try sweet potato in the topping instead of swede as another healthy alternative.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HR
1 pot of aromatic peas with perks
450g lamb mince
1 beef stock cube
1 tblsp tomato puree
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
For the topping:
300g swede, peeled and cut into cubes
700g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Begin by placing the lamb mince in a cold pan. Heat the pan and fry the lamb until it’s browned.
- Add the aromatic peas with perks, water, stock cube, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and cook gently with the lid on for 30 mins.
- In the mean time boil the swede for 5 mins, add the potato and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Mash the swede and potato with butter and milk.
- Transfer the lamb to an ovenproof container. Top with the mashed potato.
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins until the top is browned.