“The blend of peas and fava beans in the popping peas provides a lovely natural creaminess to the dish as well as a good source of fibre.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of popping peas with perks
1 tblsp oil
270g risotto rice
175ml white wine
650ml low salt veg stock
Parmesan or vegan alternative
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the wine and let it reduce.
- Cook for 20 mins, stirring and gradually adding hot stock one ladle at a time.
- Add the popping peas with perks, stir and heat through for 5 mins.
- Grate over parmesan or cheese of choice.