“A gorgeous creamy risotto but with hidden perks. The blend of peas and fava beans in the base sauce provide a lovely creaminess to the dish as well as a good source of fibre. Try adding ham or smoked salmon instead of Parmesan cheese.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 5 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
1 pot of popping peas with perks
1 knob butter and a little oil
270g risotto rice (or 135g risotto rice, 135g pearled spelt for a delicious nutty taste and added fibre)
175ml white wine
650ml low salt veg stock
2 heaped teaspoons crème fraiche
Grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the wine and let it reduce.
- Gradually add the stock, one ladle at a time. Cook for 20 mins, stirring and adding stock when needed.
- Add the popping peas with perks, stir and heat through for 5 mins.
- Finally add crème fraiche and grated parmesan if desired.