You can use any leftover cooked veg for this recipe – carrots, beans, parsnips, potatoes, etc. Just add it towards the end of cooking and heat thoroughly. Ensure that it’s piping hot before serving.
1 pot of carlin peas with perks
1 tblsp oil
1 medium onion, thickly sliced
2 heaped dessertspoons curry paste
350g potatoes, scrubbed, skin on and diced small
Half head cauliflower (about 400g) cut into small florets
400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion, stir in the curry paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower. Stir to coat and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the carlin peas with perks and chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 20 mins until the veg is tender.
- Serve with rice, naan or chapatis. Garnish with coriander and serve with sliced onion and yoghurt.