“You can use any leftover cooked veg for this recipe – carrots, beans, parsnips, potatoes, etc. Just add it towards the end of cooking and heat thoroughly. Otherwise follow the recipe here for an aloo gobi style curry.”
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
1 pot of carlin peas with perks
1 tblsp oil
1 medium onion, thickly sliced
2 heaped dessertspoons curry paste (I use Patak’s Rogan Josh)
350g potatoes, scrubbed, skin on and diced small
Half head cauliflower (about 400g) cut into small florets
400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion, stir in the curry paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower. Stir to coat and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the carlin peas with perks, chopped tomatoes and a splash of water.
- Simmer for 20 mins until the veg is tender.
- Serve with rice, naan or chapatis. Garnish with coriander and serve with sliced onion and yoghurt.